* Please note that we have adjusted the sizing and shape of the tops in this last batch. They are now true to size as we removed the excess fabric at the front. So, if you’ve tried these on before or own one already, please go back to your true size now. Ta x
- Cropped, boxy sleeveless top
- 4 x Buttons down the back
- 2 colour (green and light green) hand screenprint on 100% black coloured linen
- Designed by Maxine Charlie, Broome WA
- Hand screen printed in Australia
- Made ethically by The Social Studio, Melbourne
Maxine is a Yawuru-Bunuba woman based in Broome. She is inspired by the connections between the bundurr-bundurr (pindan lands) and the nagula (saltwater) country of her people. The linygurra (crocodile) shows the incredible pattern of the crocodile skin. The crocodile is a relatively new visitor to Maxine’s country, continuing to move further south as the waters warm.
Your purchase of this garment provides income for Aboriginal women artists and helps give them a platform to share their culture and stories.
Nagula Jarndu (Saltwater Woman) is a not-for-profit, 100% Aboriginal owned and governed organisation and the profits from your purchase will go directly to the artist and back into the organisation to fund future projects.
The Social Studio are another not-for-profit based in Melbourne. They train and employ refugee and new migrant people in the clothing design and manufacturing business.
Size and fit guide:
Hayley is a size 10 and is wearing a size 10. She is 175cm tall.
Approximate bust measurements (measured flat):
Approximate width across the bottom:
Approximate length measurement:
12: 52 cm
Care and washing guide:
Our designs are hand screen printed and digitally printed onto linens and cottons with quality fabric ink and professionally heat set.
Handwashing your garment in cold water and ironing from the inside-out, will ensure that it is a part of your wardrobe for years to come.