* Please note that we have adjusted the sizing and shape of the tops in this last batch. they are now true to size as we removed the excess fabric at the front. So, if you’ve tried these on before or own one already, please go back to your true size now. Ta x
- Cropped, boxy sleeveless top
- 4 x Buttons down the back
- 3 colour (grey, ochre orange and ochre red) hand screenprint on 100% cream coloured linen
- Designed by Rowena Morgan, Broome WA
- Hand screen printed in Australia
- Made ethically by The Social Studio, Melbourne
Rowena is a Kija woman living in Broome and through her Grandmother she is regarded as the custodian of the Lansdowne Ranges in the East Kimberley. This design speaks of Rowena’s connections to this daam (country) and shows the layout of that particular country. It is Kija daam that is bordered by Mirriwoong country to the east and Worla country to the west.
*Please note that the pattern placement will vary slightly on each garment.
Your purchase of this garment provides income for Aboriginal women artists and helps give them a platform to share their culture and stories.
Nagula Jarndu (Saltwater Woman) is a not-for-profit, 100% Aboriginal owned and governed organisation and the profits from your purchase will go directly to the artist and back into the organisation to fund future projects.
The Social Studio are another not-for-profit based in Melbourne. They train and employ refugee and new migrant people in the clothing design and manufacturing business.
Size and fit guide:
Jorja is a size 6 and is wearing a size 10. She is 155cm tall. (*We had to bulldog clip the back of the top in this photo, so it’s not quite falling as it normally would.)
Approximate bust measurements (measured flat):
Approximate width across the bottom:
Approximate length measurement:
12: 52 cm
Care and washing guide:
Our designs are hand screen printed and digitally printed onto linens and cottons with quality fabric ink and professionally heat set.
Handwashing your garment in cold water and ironing from the inside-out, will ensure that it is a part of your wardrobe for years to come.